Follow Me

facebook twitter blogger youtube google buzz

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'm Excited!

A short explanation of last week's personal struggle:

So, last weekend I wrote a bit about some emotional stuff I was going through in a post titled Love is Not Enough. There's a little bit more to the story though.

If you've been reading my posts, you know that there's a lot of change in my thought process. I am coming from a mindset of "hey I'm in a relationship and it works and that's all that needs to happen" and moving more to "hey, I'm in a relationship and I love him so much but our relationship is not protected under the law the same way that heterosexual relationships are".

Better put, I am going from inactive to activist!

I had heard about the Harvey Milk Day march & rally in Austin! and wanted to participate. My emotional struggle was really a bit around that. Actually, it was more about my own missunderstanding of Mac's feelings on the subject. I don't know why I thought he wouldn't approve, or participate. Even after 6 years and a few months, I am still learning more about who he is, rather who we are as a couple. It took me working myself up into an emotional ball of goo to figure this one out. What is important to me is important to him (I already knew the reverse of that statement).

So Mac is willing to step outside of his comfort zone and take this walk with me.

We have a lot going on today though. We would like to participate in some of the workshops that are going on throughout the day but, we really can't as we have family to tend to and other things. At least I'm excited about the rally.

A bit of a recap of the week:

The week has been weird for other things.

On Monday while in Dallas, Mac's company car was broken into and his personal laptop and work laptop were stolen out of it. He was parked outside of a sushi place. Obviously upsetting to him but, I joke, I told him not to eat sushi!

His trip continued to MO by plane. Thursday he flew in. I stayed in town to do some Karaoke at the Rusty Spurs as his plane wasn't coming in until 11PM. I found out some more devastating news. I totally suck at Karaoke! If I've never seen the sheet music to it, I just can't do it.

So, time to pick Mac up rolled around. I went to the airport. When I pulled up he says "Did you know that there's a huge dent in the car?" Holy crap! So, the passenger side of the car had been hit. I assume it was the parking lot at work though because, well, that's the only place I was out of the car.

So, we've had all of that going on, it's been crazy.

So, after that crazy week, you can see how I'm excited about today and all that is going to happen.

Well, I might blog a little bit about the happenings tonight. We will see how that goes. I'm not the best at keeping up with everything on here.

Until next time, I'm OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment